Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Going Solar


I don’t know how wise it was to go straight into episode 2 of sitcom Going Solar (I bypassed episode 1 by mistake), but in the end I didn’t feel liked I’d missed too much.  Going Solar is produced by University Radio York.  It concerns Philip from Essex having moved to the rural Scottish town of Dunleavy where he is trying to foist on the unsuspecting public . . . solar energy.  In episode 2, business is still slack, and Philip’s assistant Daniel (who appears to be insane) is not making things any better.  Philip amazingly convinces Dunleavy’s Mayor to host a Future and Technology Fair.  

Escalation is the name of the game in Going Solar.  I like the premise and, on the whole, the acting and production is quite good.  I feel like I’m in safe hands.  The characters, however, sometimes seem to be aware they are in a sitcom and spin one-liner after one-liner:  more and more improbable situations develop, and you have to wonder whether you are supposed to like any of the characters besides Philip. 
There were some amusing moments, and I would definitely continue listening to this.  

University Radio York

Review on Radio Drama Reviews 

No comments:

Post a Comment