Sunday, October 14, 2012

Wendy On Board


Now here’s another odd fan audio:  an audio based on a song based on characters created by J.M. Barrie!  It’s to be a series by Gypsy Audio, Wendy On Board, but as a standalone, this spin off of Peter Pan feels a bit lightweight.  I’ll reserve judgement until it’s complete.  Wendy On Board is a fairy tale bedtime story told by a mother (Cookie Coletti) to her two daughters concerning a time when Wendy Darling (Sophie Noelle) got fed up being bossed around by Peter Pan and the Lost Boys and decided to prove herself by signing up as a pirate on Captain Hook’s ship.  I’m convinced by all the actors (especially Alex Gilmour as Smee) except for Captain Hook.  I’ve seen Hook enough times to know what Hook should sound like, and to me, this isn’t it.  Perhaps the performance will develop more scenery-chomping menace in future episodes.  I like the music, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment